Graphic Designer Hubbard Broadcasting
Apply by 2019-10-10
This position is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, organizing and implementing creative content and motion graphics for daily newscasts, with strong typography and animation skills. The Graphic Designer works with the Design Director and Creative Services Director to help set and maintain the visual identity for all news programming, including public service programs, franchises, digital platform needs, and social media video.
- Create or convert graphics scenes (lowers, phoners, maps, infographics, etc.) using VizRT, photoshop, After Effects and other tools
- Build new or existing Viz templates and scenes using Viz Artist, Template Wizard, Transition Logic, and also scripting when needed.
- Create customized graphics packages for special shows -- Balloon Fiesta, elections, etc.
- Coordinates with News and Creative Services to ensure compatibility and consistency with KOB visual guides and branding
- Assist as needed with any other News, Production or Creative Services assignments
- Maintain graphics archive and continually update graphic libraries
Complete other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years` experience as motion graphics designer in live television environment
- Technical and creative proficiency in VizRT, with demonstrated experience and expertise in Viz Artist, Viz Trio, Transition Logic, and Template Wizard
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with Cinema4D/Maya/other 3D programs a plus
- Experience with ENPS or similar newsroom computer system a plus
- Ability to create graphics integrated and collaborated with editorial judgment in a fast-paced news broadcast media environment
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with all station staff members, departments, production and editorial teams
- Awareness of current events, both local and national, capable of proofreading for and correctly spelling local and regional places and names.
- Should be familiar with local and regional geography, as it pertains to map and graphic creation
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to write, read, and speak English fluently
- Please provide reel of most current work samples
Apply online at Hubbard Broadcasting EEO Statement Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at Hubbard Broadcasting
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER