Sales and Traffic Manager True Taos Radio
Apply by 2019-05-08
We are an independent, locally-owned, community-supported radio station bringing the diverse community voices of Taos, New Mexico to the airwaves and the world. We’re broadcasting from a 1978 Airstream Excella next-door to the Taos Mesa Brewing Mothership, across from the airport on Highway 64 in El Prado, New Mexico.
True Taos Radio began broadcasting as a volunteer-led community radio station in October 2014. With over 100 volunteer DJs, KNCE is an exciting experiment in local grassroots media.
KNCE is not a public radio station, but we don’t identify as a traditional commercial radio station, either. We focus on local and regional advertisers; we’re interested in selling our community things they actually might want, offering affordable radio advertising options, and building lasting relationships with community organizations, nonprofits, and individuals who otherwise struggle to find a platform for their voice.
KNCE is looking for a highly motivated, self-sufficient, creative, eager, and pleasant individual. KNCE is not a traditional radio station; this role is the only salesperson station-wide, and interaction with management is limited to regular meetings. The Sales and Traffic Manager must manage his or her own time, hit monthly sales goals, produce copy, record ads, edit spots, and program traffic.
- Prospect for new business targets
- Manage existing accounts, including updating and recording ad copy regularly
- Design, record, and load advertisements
- Oversee advertising sales; accountable for achieving/exceeding specific monthly sales goals to increase station revenue
- Help develop and deploy station business strategies
- Develop and maintain holistic relationships with community partners
- Prepare budgets and revenue forecasts
- Invoicing, billing, and overdue bill follow up
- Oversee management of available advertising inventory
- May direct other functions such as marketing, advertising, production, traffic and sales operations
Because of the non-traditional nature of the station, this position is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a flexible professional career. Though this is a full time position, it’s not a 9-5 job -- you make and manage your own schedule. Your work life can give you the freedom to enjoy Northern New Mexico, travel, and work your own hours as long as you are organized and meet monthly sales goals. You will be working on a salary + commission basis, with monthly sales goals that must be met. We believe that our market has hardly been tapped, and a competent sales person could earn substantial commissions on sales.
Our ideal candidate is willing to think about things differently, excited to learn new systems, capable of solving problems independently, and interested in finding new ways to make radio awesome.
- Sales background preferred. Knowledge of local market preferred.
- Strong understanding of broadcasting, marketing, promotion, and collection standards
- Strong understanding of lead generation and ability to connect with viable prospects
- Interest in cultivating and developing our community-centric model
- Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities
- Capable of and excited about building and developing local relationships
- Deep understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales
- Enthusiastic, entrepreneurial self-starter who does not require too much oversight
- Excellent ability to organize, prioritize, and multi task
- Excellent business and people decision-making skills
- Flexible, creative, and willing to go beyond your comfort zone
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple groups
- Ability to generate and edit copy for radio spots
- Experience with digital audio recording & editing
- Experience with radio traffic management systems
- Experience with billing & invoice management.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Salary is $2,000/month +20% of new sales to start.
Eligible for renegotiation after 3 months.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Email us at email@example.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER