10pm News Producer (Weekday) Nexstar Broadcasting
Apply by 2019-02-25
KRQE Media Group has an immediate opening for a 10pm weekday news producer. The producer will deliver and contribute accurate, visual, news content across all media platforms.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web.
- Oversees writing, production, and timing of broadcast or on-line publication.
- Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business objectives.
- Manage news room, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
- Monitor postproduction processes to ensure accurate completion of details.
- Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices.
- Write, produce and edit material that appeals to target audiences.
- Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources.
- Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
- Detail oriented; proficient in non-linear editing.
- Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills.
- Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations.
- Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction.
Proficient in non-linear editing.
Education/Experience: Bachelors Degree in Communications, TV/film or equivalent experience may substitute + 5 years experience in television or radio broadcast/production.
Training/Equipment: Utilize state-of-the-art television technology; MS Outlook, E-mail.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Some travel may be required on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER